VTCT Level 1 Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
Who is this qualification for?
The VTCT Level 1 Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector is a qualification that has been designed to introduce you to a range of practical skills from across the hair and beauty industries. This qualification has been designed to prepare you for employment as a supervised assistant/apprentice or for further learning in the hairdressing and beauty therapy industries within college.
Why is this qualification most suitable?
This particular qualification is suitable for you to study as a standalone qualification as an introduction to hair and beauty education covering many of the basic skills and techniques at this level. This qualification is very flexible and will allow you to choose from 19 optional units ranging from; Create an image using colour for the hair and beauty sector, basic manicure or pedicure to styling men’s or women’s hair. Each unit you choose to study will be underpinned by knowledge and understanding of the subject.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification will give you the opportunity to perform your own basic hair and beauty services alongside assisting others in the salon.
There are two mandatory units in this qualification:
– Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
– Present a professional image in a salon.
You will then be able to select nine optional units from a large range which include; plaiting or plaiting and twisting hair, shampoo and conditioning hair, hand or skin care, themed face painting, styling men’s or women’s hair, basic make-up application, nail art application, create an image using colour or hair and beauty techniques, dressing hair, photographic make-up, providing basic manicure or pedicure treatments, colour hair using temporary colour, salon reception duties, how to follow health and safety and working with others in the hair and beauty sector, create and maintain retail displays or how to perform a head massage service.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will prepare you for either supervised employment in the hair and beauty industry working as an apprentice or for further study at level 2.
You may choose to continue to develop your skills in both industries, or decide to specialise in just one; hairdressing, barbering, beauty therapy or nails by studying one of the following VTCT qualifications:
– VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-Up (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Barbering Studies (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up Studies (QCF)
– VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing Studies (QCF)
Other qualifications we deliver:
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing Who is this qualification for? Find out more
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies Find out more
- VTCT Level 2 in Barbering Find out more