Pearson btec level 1 award IN health AND safety IN A construction
Why is this qualification most suitable?
The Pearson BTEC Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (QCF) is for learners who work in, or want to work in Construction.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop introductory knowledge related to health and safety in the Construction
- Develop introductory skills in health and safety in the Construction industry
- learn about health and safety issues related to different occupations in the
- Construction industry
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 1 qualification
- Develop their personal growth and engagement in learning.
- This particular qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to apply for the Green – Labourer CSCS Card.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is a theory based unit with five learning outcomes which are:
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
- Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
- Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace.
- Know risks to health within a construction environment.
- Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will prepare you for either supervised employment in the construction industry working as a labourer or for further study at level 2.
You may choose to continue to develop your skills in construction by studying one of the following qualifications:
Progression opportunities through Pearson qualifications
Learners who have achieved the Award can progress to a range of Pearson BTEC Level 2 qualifications including:
- Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Award in Construction and Built Environment (Specialist:
- Construction) (QCF)
- Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Construction Occupations (QCF)
(Not currently available at Bride Training Limited)